4 Reasons To Buy Property In Singapore’s Core Central Region

Property

4 Reasons To Buy Property In Singapore’s Core Central Region

Is now the right time to invest in the residential property market?

Published on 17 November 2017

After years of declining residential home prices, Singapore’s property market is finally starting to trend upwards. The popular Core Central Region have seen non-landed private residential property prices rise by 0.1% from the 2nd quarter to the 3rd quarter of 2017, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Private Residential Property Index. So, is now the right time for investors to think about purchasing property in the Core Central Region?

There are four main reasons why now is the right time to buy:

Property, Singapore, core district, district 9, orchard road, somerset, dhoby ghaut, investment, luxury investment, investment portfolio

01.

Limited supply of freehold property

There is limited freehold property across the island nation. Nowhere is this more prominent than in the Core Central Region, which includes District 9. If you are able to purchase a freehold property, expect the price gap over leasehold – which currently stands at 15-20% – to increase.

02.

Lack of Land

The limited supply of land has led to high land bids that will affect future prices and the capital gains of property in the area. Due to the lack of land, en bloc purchases have been increasing. Development Sloane Court recently had a transaction price of S$1,616 (US$1,186) per plot ratio (ppr). According to Nicholas Mak – Executive Director of ZACD Group – a new condo could potentially take its place with an estimated selling price of more than S$2,500 (US$1,834) per square foot. Other projects such as Cuscaden Road had a transaction price of around S$1,826 (US$1,340) ppr. Furthermore, Cairnhill Mansion is asking S$2,101 (US$1,541) per square foot for an en bloc purchase and Kiak Kim Road (GLS) is asking for S$1,250 (US$917) per square foot, which equates to a selling price of S$2,400-2,500 (US$1,760 – US$1,834) per square foot. The bidding period for the latter runs until December 5, 2017, and will provide the winner with a 99-year lease for minimum S$689,353,000 (US$505,712,995).

03.

Strong New Sales Completed Transactions

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority, there were 729 unit sales transactions in Q1 of 2017, 1,171 in Q2, and 1,470 in Q3 in the Core Central Region. An increase from the previous 619 in Q4 of 2016. While the number of private homes sold in all of Singapore by developers in the first half of the year was 6,388. For home’s priced above S$5 million (US$3.6 million) the sales have been up every year since 2014 according to a report by List Sotheby’s International Realty. The buyers are coming from overseas as well. The report states that up to 50% of luxury properties are being purchased by Chinese nationals, Indonesians, and Malaysians.

04.

Few TOP (Temporary Occupation Permit) Projects in District 9

There are very few new projects currently available and only a couple currently planned. Lloyd SixtyFive is one such project which recently completed. If you want to invest now, your options are limited, but the timing pricewise could be right.

New project in District 9

Freehold residential property Lloyd SixtyFive is located on Lloyd Road in the heart of District 9. It’s within easy walking distance of Killiney Road, River Valley Road, and the Orchard shopping district. TG Development, behind the luxury condominium, provides an Enhanced Deferred Payment Scheme, which allows the buyer to put a 30% down payment, and gives up to two years to exercise the remainder of the 70%. The development features one to four bedroom luxury apartments with between 529 – 6,672 square feet of living space.

Property, Singapore, core district, district 9, orchard road, somerset, dhoby ghaut, investment, luxury investment, investment portfolio

Being in District 9 also means you have excellent transportation options through the MRT, local buses, and are just a short drive from most points of interest, likely including your office. For those with a family District 9 also provides access to reputable schools including River Valley Primary School, St. Margaret Primary School, Outram Secondary School, and Singapore Management University. The area also offers excellent restaurants and world-class bars. Prices start from S$1,783,000 (US$1,307,867) for the luxury residences.

Property, Singapore, core district, district 9, orchard road, somerset, dhoby ghaut, investment, luxury investment, investment portfolio

Speak To TG Development Pte Ltd

Find out more about this property, let us introduce you to the experts at TG Development. Fill in your details and we will contact you as soon as possible.

SIGN UP